The Master of Speech Pathology from La Trobe University gives you the knowledge and skills to help people realise their communication and swallowing potential. Learn how to observe communication and mealtimes in everyday settings, conduct assessments, interpret clinical data and develop interventions. You'll also gain hands-on experience working with a range of individual clients.
As you learn, you'll take part in clinical workshops, guided demonstration sessions and simulation activities. You'll also work with service providers to help people with communication and swallowing needs participate and feel included in their community.
Graduate ready to help people live their best lives.
- Speech pathology practice
- Explore the roles and functions of speech pathologists and how to optimise communication and swallowing in a variety of social and clinical contexts.
- Assessment of communication and swallowing
- Gain theoretical and practical experience in conducting and interpreting speech pathology assessments.
- Therapeutic intervention and management
- Discover how to use assessment information, clinical experience and client observation to formulate intervention and management strategies in partnership with others.
- Clinical management
- Develop your clinical and workplace skills by undertaking placements in a range of community health, school, hospital and private practice settings.
After graduating, you'll be well placed to pursue speech pathology roles in hospitals, community health centres, private practice, schools, rehabilitation centres and aged-care centres. You could also work in areas such as health promotion, teaching, consulting and communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assessment of Communication and Swallowing
- Speech Pathology Practice
- Evidence in Practice in Speech Pathology
- Assessment and Intervention
- Assessment and Intervention in Speech Pathology Clinic
- Critical Implementation of the Evidence
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
La Trobe University assesses applications on a rolling basis which means you can apply for the next upcoming intake or available future intakes.
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 10 other Masters in Speech Pathology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at La Trobe University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS code: 073116F
- Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- WAM - Weighted Average Mark (WAM) 70% or above at entire Bachelor Degree level.
- WAM - Weighted Average Mark (WAM) H2A in Honours year
- 7.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 7.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International46200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46200 AUD per year during 24 months.
National36400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36400 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.