Students acquire a comprehensive and very practical education in Environmental Technologies. Modules taught deal with the economic and environmental aspects of sustainable production, the concept of circular economy, the analysis of material and mass flow as well as technologies for resource recovery.
Two further modules address the management of the resource water and the treatment of water and of wastewater. This master degree is offered by the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland. Students are also taught in environmental risk assessment, where the fate and effects of environmental pollutants are addressed. Two additional modules are focused on environmental remediation: pollutants in contaminated sites have to be managed, monitored and eventually be remediated by physico—chemical or biological techniques.
- Students complete their studies with an eight month long master’s thesis that is usually performed together with an industrial partner and often has an international context.
- Alumni have a thorough practical and theoretical education enabling them to develop, plan, apply and manage “clean” technologies in the industry, in consulting or the public sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cost Effectiveness of Sustainable Production and Risk Reduction in Industries
- Material Recovery Methods and Technologies
- Industrial Pollution Control and Resource Recovery Applications
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Technologies
- Environmental Risk Assessment
- Environmental Bioremediation
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Molecular Sciences View 5 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Graduates with an excellent Bachelor's degree are admitted directly if they:
- hold a Bachelor's degree in a related technical field from a university of applied sciences with a mark of A, B or >= 5 or an equivalent mark (>= good)
- or demonstrate an equivalent background (BSc) and practical experience
- and have excellent English skills.
Prospective students who meet most but not all of the entry requirements are invited to interview.
International9360 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4680 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1310 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- Semester fee:CHF 700 (CH & EU); CHF 5000 (non EU)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.