The survival of all life on earth depends on properly functioning ecosystems. Without biodiversity, ecosystems break down. When this happens, our water systems, the air we breathe and the environments in which we grow food are all impacted.
Conserving the environment has become a global priority, and those with specialist skills in identifying and implementing strategies for preserving our rich diversity are in demand.
- You’ll have access to the latest research in conservation biology, including opportunities to complete independent research projects alongside your coursework.
- The Conservation Biology program at Macquarie University draws on Macquarie’s exceptional research strength in ecology and environment, and our commitment to high-quality teaching.
- You’ll work in modern labs designed to foster collaboration and cutting-edge scientific research.
- Macquarie is home to an 11-hectre fauna park, giving you access to world-class environmental research right here on campus.
- This degree utilises a flexible learning approach, which means you can attend on-campus classes or take advantage of a diversity of online media, including videos, lectures, readings and activities – or both methods of delivery.
- Conservation policymaker
- Environmental consultant
- National parks and catchment manager
- Natural resource manager
- Scientific education officer
- Scientific or project management in industry or government
- Threatened species manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Data Analysis
- Life Processes
- Diversity of Life
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
- 2 years - 160
- 1,5 years - 120
- 1 year - 80
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation Bioinformatics View 33 other Masters in Bioinformatics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 086079K
- AQF level 8 bachelor honours or graduate diploma qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, or
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65
International38800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38800 AUD per year during 12 months.
National21600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21600 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.