The program has:
- strong application, enrollment and graduation numbers,
- an exceptional reputation in academic and applied research,
- an excellent track record of graduates becoming urban professionals in a wide range of fields, and
- increasing recognition in the community as our alumni assume high profile roles as Mayors, senior planners, and non-profit leaders.
The Graduate Urban Studies Program at Simon Fraser University is a multi and interdisciplinary meeting place that addresses critical urban issues through engaged education and research.
Urban Studies values its embeddedness in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences because the challenges and opportunities facing Canadian cities and communities are first and foremost social, political and economic ones, even though their consequences and potential solutions include technical, design and environmental dimensions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban Professional Development
- Great Urban Thinkers
- Urban Design: Integrating Theory and Practice
- Comparative Metropolitan Governance
- Urban Communities and Cultures
- 20 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 15 other Masters in Urban Planning in Canada
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International6048 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 315 CAD per credit during 20 months.
National6048 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 315 CAD per credit during 20 months.
Tuition for both the masters and graduate diploma programs was $315.82 per unit. So the minimum total tuition cost of a MURB is currently $10,106.24.
Living costs for Abbotsford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.