With the world population rapidly growing, the need for products and technologies that can produce sustainable food sources, create cleaner fuels, reduce our environmental footprint and combat disease also grows.
Biotechnology which has been employed for thousands of years in agriculture, food production and medicine utilises cellular and biomolecular processes to develop such products and technologies.
Key features of the Master in Biotechnology at Macquarie University:
- You'll develop knowledge and skills in areas including molecular biology, protein biochemistry, proteomics and applied microbiology.
- This course has a strong interdisciplinary and practical focus so you're able to build connections between theoretical knowledge and practical application in the biotech industry.
- You'll learn from experts in chemistry and biomolecular sciences, biological sciences, computing and statistics.
- You'll advance your skills in critical thinking, experimental design and writing for peer-reviewed scientific literature.
- If you're a high-performing student, you'll have an opportunity to undertake a supervised research project which will allow you to gain valuable hands-on experience.
- Biological/clinical technician
- Biomanufacturing specialist
- Business development manager
- Clinical researcher
- Medical scientist
- Process development scientist
- Research and development manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Microbiology and Molecular Biology
- Comparative Physiology
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Analysis and Measurement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiotechnology General Engineering & Technology Biochemistry View 38 other Masters in Biotechnology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 084698K
- Australian level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent, with two units of chemistry or equivalent
To apply for an undergraduate program, international students will need to have completed one or more of the following academic qualifications:
- A recognised senior secondary school qualification or university entrance examination, such as the New South Wales Higher School Certificate (NSW HSC) or other equivalent Australian or overseas high school qualification
- A recognised university Foundation course
- A recognised 2 or 3-year Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree
- At least one year of a university degree from a recognised institution
International40800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40800 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National7700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7700 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.