The Conference Interpreting program at Macquarie University involves interpreting in the simultaneous and consecutive modes and advanced note-taking, while preserving the meaning, tone and nuance of the original speaker.
You'll learn how to undertake effective research to inform your interpreting in a range of high-level scientific, diplomatic and technical domains.
- This course will prepare you for work as an advanced professional interpreter for international and bilateral conferences on a broad range of topics.
- You'll enhance your domain-specific skills, learn to undertake research for the purpose of interpreting and broaden your linguistic knowledge.
- You'll interpret in simulated conferences from the booths of our purpose-built conference interpreting laboratory.
- You'll study in a dedicated conference interpreting course comprising eight core units of conference interpreting-related theory and practice.
- This is the largest conference interpreting course offered at an Australian university.
Students graduating from this program will have many job opportunities. They will be qualified to work in the:
- conference interpreting sector
- community interpreting sector
- publishing industry
- education sector
- legal sector
- insurance companies
- banking industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Translation Practice
- Interpreting Practice
- Simultaneous Interpreting Theory and Practice
- Translation and Interpreting
- Technology for Translating and Interpreting
- Mock Conference Interpreting and Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesCorporate Communication Translation & Interpreting View 10 other Masters in Corporate Communication in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 097386G
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65, and
- Proficiency in one of the available languages, and
- For students whose first language is English, completion of an admission assessment
Relevant work experience would be advantageous.
International33600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 AUD per year during 24 months.
National28800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.