- #3 in the world for Public Health - ShanghaiRanking 2020
- #3 in Public, Environmental and Occupational Health and #4 in Infectious Diseases (US News Best Global Universities Subject Ranking 2021)
- 91% overall student satisfaction - Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2019-20
The Control of Infectious Diseases programme at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine includes a strong practical component and the opportunity to undertake a research project overseas with collaborating public health or research organisations and NGOs.
The programme trains students in all aspects of the control of infectious diseases and prepares them for a career in a range of organisations.
This programme will equip students with specialised skills that will facilitate a career in the control of infectious diseases as staff of health ministries, health departments, national or international disease control agencies, aid organisations or universities.
Graduates from this programme enter a diverse range of positions and organisations across the fields of epidemiology, laboratory sciences and public health.
- Assistant Professor
- Editorial Assistant
- Immunisation Consultant
- Infection Control Nurse
- Malaria Data Analyst
- Operational Researcher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Epidemiology
- Health Economics
- Health Policy, Process and Power
- Extended Epidemiology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Management View 826 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- a second-class honours degree of a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in a subject appropriate to that of the course of study to be followed; applicants with a strong academic background in ancillary subjects will also be considered
- a registrable qualification appropriate to the course of study to be followed, in medicine, dentistry or veterinary studies
Applications with an appropriate technical qualification, or equivalent qualification and experience from overseas, are also welcomed.
Additionally for the MSc Control of Infectious Diseases, some prior public health/overseas experience is advantageous and will be considered but is not necessarily a prerequisite for this course.
International25410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25410 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National10990 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10990 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home: £5,495
- Overseas: £12,705
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.