The Control of Infectious Diseases programme at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine includes a strong practical component and the opportunity to undertake a research project overseas with collaborating public health or research organisations and NGOs.
The programme trains students in all aspects of the control of infectious diseases and prepares them for a career in a range of organisations.
This programme will equip students with specialised skills that will facilitate a career in the control of infectious diseases as staff of health ministries, health departments, national or international disease control agencies, aid organisations or universities.
By the end of this programme students should be able to:
- investigate the transmission of endemic and epidemic infections
- select appropriate methods of control
- design, implement and evaluate co-ordinated control methods
- assess constraints of local public health delivery systems
- manage available resources in the context of the control of infectious diseases
- focus their efforts on particular geographical regions or specific diseases
Graduates from this programme enter a diverse range of positions and organisations across the fields of epidemiology, laboratory sciences and public health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Epidemiology
- Health Economics
- Health Policy, Process and Power
- Extended Epidemiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Management View 735 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- a second-class honours degree of a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in a subject appropriate to that of the course of study to be followed; applicants with a strong academic background in ancillary subjects will also be considered
- a registrable qualification appropriate to the course of study to be followed, in medicine, dentistry or veterinary studies
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10470 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home: £5,235
- Overseas: £12,100
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.