This Control of Infectious Diseases degree from London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine will equip students with specialised skills that will facilitate a career in the control of infectious diseases as staff of health ministries, health departments, national or international disease control agencies, aid organisations or universities.
By the end of this Control of Infectious Diseases programme at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine students will be able to:
- investigate the transmission of endemic and epidemic infections
- select appropriate methods of control
- design, implement and evaluate co-ordinated control methods
- assess constraints of local public health delivery systems
- manage available resources in the context of the control of infectious diseases
- focus their efforts on particular geographical regions or specific diseases
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Designing Disease Control Programmes
- Malaria: From Science to Policy and Practice
- Health Care Evaluation
- Clinical Bacteriology
- Conflict & Health
- Design & Analysis of Epidemiological Studies
- Population, Poverty and Environment
- Statistical Methods in Epidemiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Administration View 1039 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- In order to be admitted to an LSHTM master's degree programme, an applicant must:
- hold either a first degree at Second Class Honours standard in a relevant discipline, or a degree in medicine recognised by the UK General Medical Council (GMC) for the purposes of practising medicine in the UK, or another degree of equivalent standard awarded by an overseas institution recognised by UK ENIC.
- hold a professional qualification appropriate to the programme of study to be followed obtained by written examinations and judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours degree or above.
- have relevant professional experience or training which is judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours degree or above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28540 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28540 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12330 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12330 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home £6,165 /year
- EU/Overseas £14,270 /year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.