This Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Integrated Water Management from University of British Columbia combines graduate-level engineering courses with UBC Sauder School of Business courses – giving you the skills and confidence to take your career in new directions.
- learn how to apply physical, chemical and biological unit operations and processes to water resources, while also increasing your familiarity with regulatory and environmental frameworks
- sharpen your technical and analytical skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain and incorporates hands-on learning opportunities
- study under renowned faculty and industry experts at one of the world’s top 40 universities
- expand your professional network while collaborating with other MEL students
- gain the fundamental business, project management and interpersonal skills to advance your career and confidently take on positions of increased responsibility
Our graduates will be in high demand locally, nationally and internationally by employers in industry and government seeking professionals who can develop and deliver sustainable water management initiatives. Read some of our alumni stories on our website to find out how our graduates have gone on to excel their careers with their UBC MEL in Integrated Water Management degree. Graduates of the program started in positions, such as Environmental EIT, Environmental Specialist, President & CEO.
- Chemical & Biological Water Treatment Design
- Organizational Leadership
- Strategy & Innovation
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Hydrology
- Business Acumen For Technical Leaders
- Water & Wastewater Management Strategies
- Water Resources Systems Planning & Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement Studies Hydrology & Water Management View 20 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants are advised to use the online application system. Learn more about application fees, payment methods, and application fee waivers.
- A statement of interest is an important part of most graduate school applications. It may also be called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Applicants from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their application.
- All students who are enrolled in programs that include a practicum component involving work with children or vulnerable adults will have to undergo a criminal record check before they will be permitted to register in the practicum.
International56542 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56542 CAD per year during 12 months.
National30406 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30406 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.