The Geophysics program at University of British Columbia was originally a subprogram within the Department of Physics until 1963 when the Department of Geophysics was formed.
EOAS is the largest and most diverse department of its kind in Canada and, accordingly, geophysics graduate students have unparalleled opportunities for engaging in cutting-edge pure and applied research in both traditional geophysical topics and those that cross disciplinary boundaries.
- The Solid Earth: A Dynamic Planet
- Laboratory Exploration of Planet Earth
- The Fluid Earth: Atmosphere and Ocean
- The Catastrophic Earth: Natural Disasters
- Mesozoic Earth: Time of the Dinosaurs
- Earth's Treasures: Gold and Gems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Earth Sciences View 61 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Applicants should browse faculty profiles and indicate in their application who they are interested in working with. However, it is not necessary for applicants to contact faculty members prior to their application.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International9313 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9313 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5301 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5301 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.