Various Educational Studies at the University of British Columbia programs are situated within the Department of Educational Studies. Our MEd programs can be completed full-time over a two year period or over a longer period for part-time students, and is excellent preparation for professional practice.
MEd students in EDST enrol in one of the following programs:
- Adult Learning and Education (ALE)
- Adult Learning and Global Change (ALGC) – online
- Educational Administration and Leadership (EDAL) - on campus or cohort-based
- Higher Education (HIED)
- Society, Culture and Politics in Education (SCPE)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The degree is primarily course based, although some students opt to do a graduating paper.
- The emphasis in the MEd degree is on the critical use of, rather than the production of, educational scholarship and research.
- An independent research project culminating in a thesis is not required.
- It is important to talk to your pro tem supervisor or the departmental Grad Advisor if you have any questions about the MEd degree.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Applicants should apply without contacting individual faculty members prior to the application. Identification of potential faculty members in the application form is optional. Faculty members will review applications of applicants they are interested in and get in touch as part of the applicant evaluation.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International13604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13604 CAD per year during 24 months.
National7285 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7285 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.