With an innovative teaching approach that focuses on cultivating human relationships, this program is perfectly positioned to respond to challenges in healthcare and will prepare you to be an influential voice in this important time of transition.
York answers a growing demand for healthcare services and practitioners that focus on the experiences of human beings in a way that respects patients' values and choices about health and quality of life. This recognizes that every patient has a personal story.
Teachers and students in the Nursing MScN program at York University are partners in a dynamic, collaborative process of discovery that includes dialogue, modelling, practice, reflective thinking and experiential group process.
In addition, York’s collaborative focus enables researchers to push beyond traditional methods to find real-world solutions to the complex challenges of health and healing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical and Philosophical Foundations of Nursing Science
- Qualitative Research Methods in Nursing Science
- Quantitative Research Methods in Nursing Science
- Advanced Nursing Practicum
- Nursing Research Development and Knowledge Mobilization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 246 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
- One academic reference from a nurse with a master's or doctoral degree; one from a nurse in a leadership position; one from an individual to whom you directly reported in the last six years
- Resume or CV
- Statement of interest
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario or eligibility for registration (or equivalent in home province). Photocopy will be accepted.
- Membership from CNA, and carry liability protection with CNPS (Or the equivalent in the province where you reside). Photocopy will be accepted.
International12550 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6275 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National2870 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1435 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Part time tuition fees:
- National students - $717
- International students - $3137
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.