The Faculty of Education at UBC is fortunate to have a number of faculty members whose research and professional interests focus on children from birth to age 8. The strength of this group is in its breadth across disciplinary areas, the variety and the high calibre of its research, and its commitment to professional development. As a collective, this group represents a significant strength within the Faculty of Education that attracts outstanding students, new faculty, and research funding.
The Early Childhood Education program from University of British Columbia is a course-based degree; while the MEd also includes research courses, its focus is primarily on knowledge of professional practice.
While the majority of students in the MEd program are teaching professionals, this program is also appropriate for individuals in other professions related to early childhood education and care, such as child and youth care, nursing, psychology, and social work.
Students may also aspire to pursue administrative or leadership roles in the education sector, as well as higher coordination/directorship positions in public offices and NGOs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Review of Research in Early Childhood Education
- Advanced Seminar in Early Childhood Education
- Research Methodology in Education.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 148 other Masters in Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Applicants should apply without contacting individual faculty members prior to the application. Identification of potential faculty members in the application form is optional. Faculty members will review applications of applicants they are interested in and get in touch as part of the applicant evaluation.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International13604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13604 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7285 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7285 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.