Four complementary specializations are offered: Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Quantitative Epidemiology and Data Science. All specializations provide a solid basis of data science, but the first three put more emphasis on statistics. The Data Science specialization still has a good statistics basis, but offers more courses on other aspects of data science (e.g. data visualization, programming and algorithms, …).
The The Master of Statistics and Data Science at Hasselt University is quite unique in the sense that (1) it offers a statistics education with a good sense of general data science, and that (2) it offers a data science specialization with a very sound understanding of important statistical concepts and solutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The introductory phase, situated in the first semester of the first year, provides thorough fundamental knowledge of statistics, data management and programming (R, Python and SAS).
- Students will become familiar with data, statistical analysis, and, first and foremost, statistical concepts and reasoning. Apart from topic-related subjects, such as regression, a lot of attention is devoted to group-based project work.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiology Statistics Bioinformatics View 6 other Masters in Statistics in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students should hold at least a university diploma or degree certificate or a diploma of higher education equivalent to a bachelor degree (180 ECTS credit points).
- Admission is given directly to holders of an academic bachelor or master, obtained from a Belgian university, in mathematics, physics, computer sciences, chemistry, biology, life sciences, medicine, psychology, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, bio-, business- or civil engineering.
International2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hasselt
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.