During the Telecommunication and Network Engineering at RMIT University , you’ll develop your knowledge and skills in the analysis, design, implementation and operation of Internet-of-Things networks, telecommunication systems/devices, and networks architecture, applications and services. Enhance your professional skills in research by undertaking a major research project in your final year and learn new transferrable skills that you can use in a range of different industries.
You'll study a range of topics including:
- Internet-of-Things (IoT) networks: gain a specialized knowledge in designing, building and operating IoT networks. IoT is a key technology for enabling smarter cities, better transport, connected factories, self-driving cars and smarter agriculture
- Internet applications, management and security: From enterprise networks to cloud computing, will gain indispensable skills in in designing, building and operating networks and applications with emphasis on network security. You will master key skills in software defined networks
- Telecommunications: whether wireless or wired, you will grasp the fundamentals of current wireless technologies, next generation 5G, optical fiber networks and satellite communication systems
- Telecommunication equipment design and development: Gain the cutting-edge knowledge in the research and development of antennas and circuits in the RF, microwave and mmWave.
Our graduates can establish their own businesses or undertake further studies such as the PhD. You will be equipped to work in leadership roles in telecommunication and network industries.
Rapid developments in global telecommunication and network technologies present exciting career opportunities for graduates of this program, with enhanced prospects in industries such as:
- Telecommunication operators
- Internet-of-Things network operators, providers and users
- Internet service providers
- Wireless/Wired Network consultants and contractors
- Network security providers
- Satellite and space industry
- Network applications consultants and developers
- Communication devices research and development industry
- Defence research and development
- Mining industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Qigital Signal Processing
- Optical Fibre Systems and Networks
- Antennas for Mobile and Satellite Communications
- Optical Fibre Technology
- Satellite Communication Systems Engineering
- Network Access Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Communication Sciences View 35 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS number: 079936K
- Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) in one of the following fields: Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Communication Engineering or Network Engineering.
- Applicants who have a successfully completed an Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) will be considered if they have at least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42240 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42240 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic students: Commonwealth supported places
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.