During this MBA Renewables programme offered by Beuth University of Applied Sciences Berlin and the RENAC Renewables Academy AG, students benefit from substantiated scientific education and experienced university professors as well as up-to-date market information and practical know-how of the RENAC lecturers experienced in renewable energy and energy efficiency subject matters.
As the MBA Renewables is a distance learning programme, the whole programme can be studied online. However, you have the possibility to take a practical training module ‘Advanced Practical RE and EE Implementation’ on campus in Berlin at RENAC, only if you want.
The focus of the on-campus time is on practical issues, including exposure visits, i.e. field trips. In this way, the students have the chance to deepen their knowledge gained in the module ‘Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Systems and Concepts’ by hands-on training in the RENAC Training Center, theory lessons, field trips and group work. Besides the training aspect, the on-campus module allows students to get to know fellow students, lecturers and the organising team from Beuth University and RENAC personally, as well as to network.
After completing the MBA Renewables on-campus time students are expected to be able to:
- Assess the appropriateness of various renewable energy technologies and their use for different requirements
- Calculate renewable energy projects taking into account the availability of natural, technical and financial resources
- Design a renewable energy system with different renewable energy technologies (to be completed in the project thesis/group work)
- Evaluate the economic feasibility of energy efficiency measures by taking into consideration varying techno-economic frame conditions
Career prospects and international network
The programme is designed to equip future leaders with modern and advanced interdisciplinary management skills necessary for executive positions in the highly globalised market of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
Possible career paths unfold both upstream and downstream of green energy value chains:
- project finance and consultancy
- project development and implementation
- governmental entities
- utilities or grid operators
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- RE and EE Systems and Concepts
- Energy Policy and Economic Framework
- International Business Law
- Investment and Financing
- Project Management
- Marketing Analysis and Instruments
- HR and People Management
- International Management
- Integrated Business Plan Development
- Advanced Research Methods
- Two electives
- Master's Thesis
- MBA Renewables is open for graduates of all fields of study.
- It addresses professionals with at least 1-2 years of work experience who strive for a management position in the renewable energy industry.
- Currently students from more than 55 countries are enroled on the programme and benefit from the advantages of an international study environment.
Professors from Beuth University and other universities as well as professionals from the renewables and energy efficiency industry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Regular optional meetings
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Master in Business Administration (MBA) Sustainable Energy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students with a University Degree (210 ECTS credits) are entitled to enrol for the MBA Renewables. For applicants with less than 210 credits the Dean will determine additional modules that have to be completed successfully by the student before being admitted to the final examination.
- As a proof we accept qualifications based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Independent User B2) such as, for instance, the TOEFL or IELTS.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
EU/EEA6400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
€16,000 (examination fees per semester are included), payable in 5 installments of €3,200 each.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.