An interdisciplinary approach is adopted as an essential requirement for gaining a broader and more integrated perspective of this dynamic field of study. The Economics in International Development program from The American University in Cairo should be of interest to those who plan to seek a position or a career with a wide range of development-related institutions at the macro or micro levels. Examples include; United Nations Agencies, The World Bank, bilateral donor representative offices/projects, NGOs, and development-finance institutions. In addition, the program equips students to assume technical positions in government departments directly concerned with development planning and evaluation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Economic Setting for Development
- Advanced International Trade
- Quantitative Methods
- Project Evaluation
- Research Practicum
- Labor Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Development View 3 other Masters in International Development in Egypt
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- The selection of up to two graduate programs for which the admission application will be processed
- A statement of purpose indicating the reasons of interest in the specific program
- An updated resume (CV) that must include work experience and educational background
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background.
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Clear copy of the information pages of your passport
- One recent passport size photograph
International9922 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 24 months.
National7816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 579 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.