The Counseling Psychology program from The American University in Cairo emphasizes experiential learning and exposes students to methods of psychological practice that are ethically responsible and culturally appropriate to Egypt and the region.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Counseling
- Community Psychology and Systems Theory
- Advanced Lifespan Development
- Ethics and Professional Issues
- Applied Research Design and Statistical Analysis
- Group Work
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before
- The applicant should have a minimum of 3.0 GPA in undergraduate studies; if the student has a Masters in a related field already, a 3.0 GPA will also be expected at that level. The applicant should have also completed an undergraduate major in psychology and/or the completion of a minimum of 12 credits (or equivalent) in psychology or related social/behavioral sciences including: Statistics, Research Design, and Abnormal Psychology. Admission is competitive, and dependent on successful interview.
International735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 735 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National522 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 522 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.