Counseling Psychology from The American University in Cairo emphasizes experiential learning and exposes students to methods of psychological practice that are ethically responsible and culturally appropriate to Egypt and the region. Our program prepares graduates to provide mental health counseling services to individuals, couples, and groups. The primary goal is to develop professional, ethical, and reflective practitioners who are skilled in providing counseling services across multiple contexts and populations.
Graduates of our program are among the first practitioners trained in Egypt and the region to provide culturally sensitive and ethically responsible counseling services to individuals struggling with issues affecting psychological well-being, emotional health, and interpersonal success. Our alumni work in various counseling centers across Egypt, provide services through online platforms, teach psychology, and/or pursue doctoral degrees.
- Community Psychology and Systems Theory
- Advanced Lifespan Development
- Ethics and Professional Issues
- Applied Research Design and Statistical Analysis
- Group Work
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Counselling Psychology
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA in either previous undergraduate or graduate studies
- A personal statement describing the applicant’s interest and motivation to pursue this degree
- References from faculty and/or employers speaking to the applicant’s motivation, skills, and maturity
- Proficiency in the English language according to the AUC standards
International11760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 36 months.
National9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.