Courses prepare students to work with communities, schools, governments, international or multilateral organizations and/or nongovernmental organizations to develop, implement, and evaluate psychosocial interventions that promote psychological and physical health and well-being.
The Community Psychology degree from The American University in Cairo exposes students to methods of community psychology practice that are ethically responsible and culturally appropriate to Egypt and the region. The program emphasizes experiential learning and intensive mentoring.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Counseling
- Community Psychology and Systems Theory
- Ethics and Professional Issues
- Applied Research Design and Statistical Analysis
- Group Work
- Consultation to Non-Profit Organizations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before
- The applicant should have a minimum of 3.0 GPA in undergraduate studies; if the student has a Masters in a related field already, a 3.0 GPA will also be expected at that level. Applicants should have taken an introduction to psychology course and completed previous coursework in statistics and research methods relevant to the social sciences.
- It is preferred that applicants have completed an undergraduate major in psychology or a related filed, or have relevant work experience. Admission is competitive, and dependent on successful interview.
International735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 735 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National522 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 522 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.