The Master's specialisation in Information Sciences focuses on understanding how IT affects organisations, and how organisations can handle security and privacy concerns. The programme provides you with a unique combination of technological and organisational expertise.
You will be taught by top researchers and experts of Nijmegen School of Management (NSM) and the Institute of Computing and Information Sciences (iCIS). Here NSM brings in expertise in Business Administration, Organizational Design & Development, and Knowledge Management, and iCIS brings its expertise in Cyber Security, Privacy, and Big Data. Depending on the elective courses you take, you can choose to specialise in these topics.
Would you like to know if you are eligible to be admitted to this programme? Take our E-Check and instantly get an insight in your eligibility: echeck.ru.nl
What will you learn?
Gain understanding of systems approaches, knowledge representation, ethics and research methods
Chose between focusing on Security & Privacy or Business & IT
- Get professional and research experience during a master's internship and thesis process
There is a big demand for highly trained information experts who can bridge the gap between the builders and the users of IT to ensure good, user-friendly technology that meets an organisation's needs. Many of our students are offered jobs even before they graduate. Most go into industry, banking and insurance, or public-sector organisations such as schools and hospitals.
Students with this Master’s degree could think of positions as consultants, project managers or ICT specialists. More and more companies are adding the position of Chief Information Officer (CIO) to their board of directors and they are increasingly legally obliged to have a Privacy Officer. This Master’s programme is definitely a good stepping stone for reaching these kind of positions in your future career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- System Approaches to Organisation & Information
- Knowledge Representation for Information Sciences
- Research Methods
- Philosophy and Ethics for Computing and Information Sciences
- Software Development Entrepreneurship
- System Development Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- 1 April: Final deadline
- 1 July: Final deadline
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Cyber Security View 30 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree in Computing Science, Business Informatics, or a related programme.
- Note that apart from a background in Computer Science, some background in Business Administration is required.
- Proficiency in English
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.