In the Secondary Geography with Qualified Teacher Status programme from Sheffield Hallam University you are introduced to geography-specific skills through university sessions and school-based work. You are expected to consolidate your development, both in university and in schools, by researching appropriate material and accessing wider resources.
Upon graduation most students go directly into employment as qualified teachers. However a number of key transferable skills are developed throughout the course, allowing for alternative progression or career routes, such as
- research via masters-level study and PhD
- local authority/voluntary sector work or research
- non-government organisation (NGO) administrative and research posts
- enrichment work with young people
- more general graduate careers including retail management and the civil service
- Developing And Reflecting On Professional Practice
- Developing And Reflecting On Subject Knowledge And Pedagogy In Secondary Geography
- School Based Training
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeography Teaching View 435 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) or equivalent which includes substantial elements of geography.
- Normally GCSE grade C or Grade 4 in English Language and mathematics, or equivalent. Where applicants have achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above in English literature only, we will look for further evidence of a breadth of achievement in English. We will consider applicants who are in the process of obtaining the relevant GCSEs.
International16385 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16385 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Home: £9,250 per year
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.