The British Studies programme from Humboldt University Berlin has the following objectives:
- to add competence in British Studies to qualifications acquired during their first degree course
- to prepare students for positions in firms and institutions in an international context
- to promote cross-cultural understanding, communication and mobility
- to teach students interdisciplinary methods and approaches enabling them to think and work contextually
- to provide students with an understanding of British society, culture, institutions and economy in a European perspective
We are also grateful to the numerous and prestigious British organisations that have supported us by providing placements for our students. These include the House of Commons, the National Museums of Scotland, the Roald Dahl Museum, the National Trust, Pearson Plc, the European Documentation Centre Cardiff, Birmingham City Council, Cheltenham Literature Festivals, the Henry Jackson Society, Brookside Publishing Dublin, Bath Festivals and the German-British Chamber of Commerce.
The M.B.S. programme is accredited by AQAS (Agentur für Qualitätssicherung durch Akkreditierung von Studiengängen e.V.).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Law, Economics, Politics
- Interdisciplinary Project
- Career Skills: Academic Writing and Project Management
- Interdisciplinary Project
- Economics and Management
- Politics and Society
- Law in Context
- Media, History, and Culture
- Culture and Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Literature View 68 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have a good first university degree.
- Candidates are required to have a very good knowledge of English and a working knowledge of German.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- No tuition fees! You just have to enrol at Humboldt University Berlin (approx. 240 Euros per semester, including public transportation)
Applicants requiring financial support are strongly recommended to apply for a grant or scholarship well in advance. The deadlines for scholarship applications may be as early as in October the year before you plan to take up your studies at the Centre for British Studies!
Sponsorship suggestions for prospective students:
- Alfred Toepfer Stiftung
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.