Do you want to contribute in making business more sustainable? Are you interested in finding sustainability solutions for businesses and organisations? Do you want to be part of climate change mitigation? The Corporate Environmental Management Master’s Programme (CEM) at the University of Jyväskylä enhances understanding and provides expertise on these issues and more.
The CEM Master’s Programme aims at educating students to become experts in corporate sustainability with an environmental focus. It offers its graduates an integrated and interdisciplinary approach to environmental issues preparing the graduates to tackle these complex issues in business life. The international learning environment provides skills for identifying and managing environmental impacts; promoting environmental sustainability in business; and innovating new business solutions and sustainable business models.
Jyväskylä was the first university in in the Nordic region to offer a complete master's and doctoral programme in Corporate Environmental Management. Training in CEM was launched in 1995 and the programme has been an international master’s degree programme since 2003. Jyväskylä University School of Business and Economics has been proactive in integrating corporate environmental management in its curriculum, research, and other activities.
Employment opportunities for graduates in CEM can be found both in public and private organisations, including jobs that relate, for example, to corporate responsibility, climate business, environmental/sustainability reporting, energy consultation, environmental administration, education, and research. Some graduates have even started their own enterprises. Take a look at how just a few of our students are applying knowledge and skills from their CEM degree and experience to build exciting careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Transition and Business
- Material Flow Management
- Managing a Green Organisation
- CEM Project Work or Internship
- Corporate Strategies for Sustainable Business
- Sustainable Consumption and Marketing
- Environmental Management in Stakeholder Networks
- Research Methodology
- Master Level Research Tutorial
- Master's Thesis
- Maturity Test
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCorporate Social Responsibility Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 4 other Masters in Environmental Management in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree, which gives eligibility to Master’s level education in the country in which the degree was issued. Applicants holding a degree, which gives eligibility to Doctoral programmes, should primarily seek admission to Doctoral level. The higher education degree must be in the fields of digital marketing or corporate communication.
- The higher education institution awarding the degree has to be a recognised part of the official national education system of the country, i.e. to be listed as a degree-granting higher education institution by the country where it is located or by a relevant international organisation (such as UNESCO).
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Jyväskylä
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.