Do you want to contribute in making business more sustainable? Are you interested in finding sustainability solutions for businesses and organisations? Do you want to be part of climate change mitigation? The Corporate Environmental Management Master’s Programme (CEM) at the University of Jyväskylä enhances understanding and provides expertise on these issues and more.
The CEM Master’s Programme aims at educating students to become experts in corporate sustainability with an environmental focus. It offers its graduates an integrated and interdisciplinary approach to environmental issues preparing the graduates to tackle these complex issues in business life. The international learning environment provides skills for identifying and managing environmental impacts; promoting environmental sustainability in business; and innovating new business solutions and sustainable business models.
Graduates from the Master's Degree Programme in Corporate Environmental Management can work either in the public sector in public administration, municipalities, towns or environment centers, or in the private sector in companies. In addition, national and international non-governmental and other organisations are potential employers. Job titles can be for example:sustainability expert/specialist/analyst, environmental manager/expert, sustainability project manager, sales and sustainability specialist, corporate responsibility reporting specialist, project coordinator, sustainability and biofuels expert, climate and energy consultant, energy trader, researcher; and entrepreneur.The graduates can also work in the field of environmental-related marketing, accounting, entrepreneurship, reporting and communications based on their own interests.
- Sustainable Transition and Business
- Material Flow Management
- Managing a Green Organisation
- CEM Project Work or Internship
- Corporate Strategies for Sustainable Business
- Sustainable Consumption and Marketing
- Environmental Management in Stakeholder Networks
- Research Methodology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCorporate Social Responsibility Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 4 other Masters in Environmental Management in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree, which gives eligibility to Master’s level education in the country in which the degree was issued. Applicants holding a degree, which gives eligibility to Doctoral programmes, should primarily seek admission to Doctoral level. The higher education degree must be in the fields of digital marketing or corporate communication.
- The higher education institution awarding the degree has to be a recognised part of the official national education system of the country, i.e. to be listed as a degree-granting higher education institution by the country where it is located or by a relevant international organisation (such as UNESCO).
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Jyväskylä
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.