The MS in Biology of Physical Activity programme offered by University of Jyväskylä is designed to prepare students for careers in research centres, medical rehabilitation centres, sports medicine and exercise testing centres, sports academies and physical exercise and sports organisations. It also qualifies students to apply for postgraduate studies in the field.
The programme is designed to prepare students for careers in research centres, medical rehabilitation centres, sport medicine and exercise testing centres, sport academies and physical exercise and sports organisations.
Graduates of the programme are also qualified to apply for PhD studies at the higher education institutions in the field.
More informationVisit official programme website
The programme offers three fields of specialisation:
- Biomechanics (muscle-tendon mechanics, neuromuscular function, human movement)
- Exercise Physiology (cellular and molecular adaptation, cardiorespiratory function, human physiology)
- Science of Sport Coaching and Fitness Testing (scientific bases and applications of fitness testing, strength and power training, endurance training)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 8 other Masters in Health Sciences in Finland
Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree, which gives eligibility to Master’s level education in the country in which the degree was issued. Applicants holding a degree, which gives eligibility to Doctoral programmes, should primarily seek admission to Doctoral level.
The higher education degree must be in the fields of
- Biomechanics, Exercise physiology, Sport coaching and fitness testing (major subjects)
- Sport and exercise science
- Biomedical engineering, Physics
- Kinesiology, Motor control
- Human biology
- Other field relevant to biology of physical activity
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
University of Jyväskylä offers scholarships covering tuition fee costs for its most successful international Master’s degree students. You are eligible for a JYU scholarship if you are
- eligible to apply to study in an IMDP offered by JYU
- liable to pay tuition fees: please see our FAQ
Scholarships are granted based on the admission criteria of the programme in question.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.