Applied hydrology has traditionally been concerned with floods and water resources. However, hydrologists are increasingly focusing on the problems of pollutant transport in surface water, soils and groundwaters, and wider issues such as the effects of land use and climate change.
The Hydrology and Water Resources Management MSc course offered at Imperial College London includes a basic treatment of relevant physical and life sciences, mathematical sciences, and systems analysis.
- The course is career-orientated and cover both theoretical background and practical design considerations. Lectures are given mainly by full-time staff but important contributions are made by visiting professors and guest lecturers who are eminent industrialists.
- Many of our students continue their studies to undertake research towards a PhD.
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- Institution of Structural Engineers
- Institute of Highway Engineers
- The Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Business Environments and Construction Law
- Contaminated Land and Groundwater
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Environmental Management in Developing Countries
- Hydrogeology and Groundwater
- Hydrological Processes
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Most postgraduate courses remain open until they are full, so make sure you apply in good time. UK and non-visa nationals have the same deadline.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Environmental Management Natural Resource Management View 205 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Imperial College London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The minimum requirement is a 2.1 degree in civil engineering, natural sciences, earth sciences or a numerate discipline.
- A suitable grounding in mathematics is required, for example: A-level Mathematics grade A or B.
- Applicants who do not meet the academic requirements listed but who have substantial relevant industry experience may exceptionally be admitted following completion of a ‘Special Qualifying Exam’ (SQE).
- A wide variety of international qualifications are accepted.
- All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
- Online application.
- Application fee.
International35700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.