The Physics programme from Stockholm University represents two years of full time studies (120 credits), out which 30, 45 or 60 credits are allocated to the master thesis project.
Within the programme there is a lot of freedom to choose the courses that best suit your interests and your physics profile. There is also room for you to broaden your competence thanks to a large number of facultative and optional courses.
- A master degree in physics opens up industry and institutions working with research and development, as well as doctoral studies.
- Many large experiments are carried out internationally and a master degree in physics from Stockholm University opens up job opportunities at international laboratories, including the upcoming international facilities MAX IV and ESS in the south of Sweden.
- There is an increasing worldwide need for academics with advanced knowledge in physics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming and Computer Science for Physicists
- Statistical Methods in Physics
- Detector Physics
- Physical Measuring Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 37 other Masters in Physics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree including at least 90 ECTS credits in Physics.
- English B/English 6 (Swedish upper secondary school course) or the equivalent.
International13902 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27805 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 70000 SEK. The complete programme: 280000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.