This International Relations programme from the University College Dublin aims to provide a comprehensive and critical grounding in key issues in politics and international relations and to allow students critically engage with cutting edge issues in the discipline.
- Examine theoretical approaches in the contemporary study of international politics and their application.
- Improve your skills in research design and qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- A wide range of specialisations are available to enable you to develop your specific expertise.
Graduates are employed in roles such as Government Social Researcher, Diplomatic Advisor, and Public Affairs Consultant.Graduates work with international private-sector employers, government agencies and Non-Governmental Organisations including:
United Nations, New York and GenevaEU Delegation of the European CommissionIBRD (World Bank)Anderson ConsultingEmbassy of the United States of AmericaEconomist Intelligence Unit, The Economist.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theories of International Relations
- Introduction to Statistics
- Dissertation Design
- Research Design and Case Study Methods
- Political Violence.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 30 other Masters in International Relations in Ireland
- A primary degree with at least Second Class Honours Grade 1 (2H1) in a relevant subject such as political science, international relations, social science, sociology, history, geography, economics, global studies, public policy, development studies, EU studies, law. 2H1 is equivalent to 60 per cent, B minus or 3.08 GPA - in American system: B or 3.00 GPA.
- Your application will be considered on its individual merits and relevant professional experience will also be taken into account.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8225 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8225 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 5600
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.