This Politics and International Relations programme at University College Dublin aims to provide a comprehensive and critical grounding in key issues in politics and international relations and to allow students critically engage with cutting edge issues in the discipline.
Graduates work with a wide variety of international private-sector employers, government agencies and Non-Governmental Organisations such as:
- Public Affairs Consultant
- Government Social Researcher
- Diplomatic Advisor
- Public Relations Officer
- Political Advisor
Recent graduates of UCD School of Politics & International Relations now work in:
- European Parliament
- European Institute for the Media
- Korean Delegation to the OECD
- KPMG Management Consulting
- Queen's University Belfast
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of International Relations
- Politics of Development
- International Political Theory
- Comparative Public Policy
- International Political Economy.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 24 other Masters in Political Science in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
This programme is intended for applicants at least a lower or upper second class honours (2.2) or international equivalent in their primary degree in a relevant subject such as political science, international relations, social science, sociology, history, geography, economics, global studies, public policy, development studies, EU studies, law.
- Professional experience may also be taken into account.
- Applicants whose first language is not English should have met the English language requirements as listed on the following link. Applicants who obtained a previous degree from an English-speaking university may be exempted from this requirement.
International13270 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13270 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6815 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6815 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4510
- nonEU fee per year - € 6635
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.