You will explore the theory, politics and law of human rights and examine the mechanisms and limitations of national and international action to protect human rights. You will either complete a research dissertation or undertake a monitored internship.
The progressive realisation of human rights represents perhaps the most challenging political issue of our times. This Human Rights programme from the University College Dublin aspires to develop and nurture the skills in studnets that would allow them meet that challenge and controbute constructively to both policy and practice in the field of human rights.
Graduates work with international private-sector employers, government agencies and NGOs as:
- Human Rights Specialist
- Field Officer
- Human Rights Consultant
- Child Protection Adviser
- Public Information Officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Law of the ECHR
- International Human Rights
- Politics of Human Rights
- Theory of Human Rights
- Dissertation Design.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law View 14 other Masters in International Law in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A primary degree with at least Second Class Honours Grade 1 (2H1) in a relevant subject such as political science, international relations, social science, sociology, history, geography, economics, global studies, public policy, development studies, EU studies, law. 2H1 is equivalent to 60 per cent, B minus or 3.08 GPA - in American system: B or 3.00 GPA.
- Your application will be considered on its individual merits and relevant professional experience will also be taken into account.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8525 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8525 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 5600
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.