The vision of this Politics programme from the University College Dublin is to transform students into specialists in the field of politics at the levels of both theory and practice and to allow them participate effectively in both theoretical and practical debates in that field
The course focuses on the two traditional pillars of the discipline – political theory and comparative politics.
Comparative politics looks at the European nation-states in a comparative perspective.
Political theory— the reflection on the nature and morality of politics.
Graduates work with a wide variety of international private-sector employers, government agencies and Non-Governmental Organisations, in roles that include:
- Government Social Researcher
- Diplomatic Advisor
- Public Affairs Consultant
- Public Relations Officer
- Political Advisor
Recent graduates of UCD School of Politics & International Relations now work in:
- United Nations, New York and Geneva
- World Trade Organisation
- Asia Development Bank
- Saatchi & Saatchi
- Credit Suisse First Boston.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Comparative European Politics
- Dissertation Design
- Geopolitics of Brexit
- Asylum and Refugee: Law, Politics and Rights
- Politics of Development
- Comparative Public Policy.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 24 other Masters in Political Science in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A primary degree with at least Second Class Honours Grade 1 (2H1) in a relevant subject such as political science, international relations, social science, sociology, history, geography, economics, global studies, public policy, development studies, EU studies, law. 2H1 is equivalent to 60 per cent, B minus or 3.08 GPA - in American system: B or 3.00 GPA.
- Your application will be considered on its individual merits and relevant professional experience will also be taken into account.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8525 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8525 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 5600
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.