This Master of Science in International Addiction Studies (IPAS) course at King's College London provides unique opportunities to study addiction in its broadest sense and examine key issues from an international perspective.
A unique programme that focuses on the similar international trends in policy, global epidemiology of substance-related morbidity and mortality, and evidence-based treatment and prevention practices.
Exclusive online access to lectures produced exclusively for the course by International experts in the addictions field.
Course members are considered students of all three universities concurrently with access to all online resources available from each of the partners.
You will receive personalised support from our dedicated module leaders throughout the course.
Course graduates will receive a triple-badge diploma jointly conferred by the three teaching institutions.
Graduates from this programme have taken leadership roles in clinical settings, working as drug workers, substance misuse nurse specialists, psychologists, addiction psychiatrists and managers of addiction services.
Our graduates have also taken policy positions in national and international organisations, while others have undertaken further academic research and gone on to complete a PhD or a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Addiction Policy
- Biological Basis of Addiction
- Public Health Issues & Approaches to Addiction
- Treatment of Addiction: Critical Issues
- Treatment of Addiction: Pharmacotherapies
- Treatment of Addiction: Psychosocial Interventions
- Research Methodology in Addictions
- Research Project in Addictions
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- PgCert: 60 credits
- PgDip: 120 credits
- MSc: 180 credits
DisciplinesPsychology International Development Clinical Psychology View 31 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
- Students from outside the US must have qualified for an honours degree (level 2A or 1) or professional bachelor degree in an appropriate field of study at a recognised tertiary institution, or have a bachelor’s degree plus at least five years’ related professional work experience. US students should have completed a 4-year bachelor's degree in an appropriate field of study.
- Students must have good academic references
- Students must have access to reliable internet and be computer literate
International32400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32400 USD per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA32400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32400 USD per year during 12 months.
- Part time Home/EU fees: MSc USD $14,000 (first year) USD $18,000 (2nd year) | PG Certificate USD $10,800 | PG Diploma USD $21,600
- Part time overseas fees: MSc USD $14,000 (first year) USD $18,000 (2nd year) | PG Certificate USD $10,800 | PG Diploma USD $21,600
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.