The International Financial Law LLM at King's College London focuses on the law, documentation and legal issues affecting major transactions in global financial markets (International loans and Bonds, International Project Finance, Derivatives and Securitisations), corporate mergers and acquisitions and their regulations under key legal regimes (EU, US and the UK), as well as international investment.
Reputed teaching team made up of senior academics with a strong practitioner background, giving the specialist LLM its strength and credibility.
Wide-ranging selection of modules, many unique in this area, covering fields which are major practice areas in global and regional law firms in major financial centres and with investment banks.
Opportunities to listen to and meet with a range of guest speakers, including partners from global law firms.
In a competitive world we can give you the competitive edge to take your career to the next level. That's why you'll find our LLM course is supplemented by opportunities to develop your skills and professional networks.The result is that students are presented with a wide range of employment destinations when they leave; from positions with global law firms located in London and other major financial centres and positions as in-house legal counsel with investment banks as well as positions at the European Central Bank, European Commission and UN.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Law of International Finance
- EU Financial Regulation
- Banking Law
- Competition Law in Financial Services
- Transnational Bank Resolution
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Finance View 702 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- Undergraduate degree with high 2:1 honours (i.e. overall average of at least 65%) in Law or a degree with at least 70% law content, or an equivalent international qualification and grading.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International27390 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27390 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA17310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17310 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU fees: £8,655 per year
- Overseas fees: £13,695 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.