The Data Science MSc at King's College London is an ideal study pathway for graduates with a background in quantitative subjects, or who possess relevant work experience, who want to gain experience in current methods and techniques of data science.
- Located in central London, giving access to major libraries and leading scientific societies, including the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- You will gain an in-depth understanding of the general principles of the computational and statistical approaches and methods used in data science, as well as their underlying assumptions and limitations.
- Frequent access to speakers of international repute through seminars and external lectures, enabling you to keep abreast of emerging knowledge in advanced computing and related fields.
- The Department of Informatics has a reputation for delivering research-led teaching and project supervision from leading experts in their field.
- Computer Programming for Data Scientists
- Databases, Data Warehousing & Information Retrieval
- Statistics for Data Analysis
- Data Mining
- Individual Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 619 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
A Bachelor’s degree with 2:1 (Upper Second Class) honours is required in one of the following subject areas:
- Computer Science, or Computing
- Mathematics, Pure Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics or Statistics
- Natural Science
- Electronic Engineering
- Geographic Information Systems
- Operations Research
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International26550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26550 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.