- a solid understanding of core and advanced principles, theories and models relevant to finance and financial management
- the ability to explain, understand and apply statistical and econometric techniques and their application to the analysis of financial information and data
- knowledge of portfolio selection, risk and risk management, and the macroeconomic context of international financial transactions
- skills in creative and critical thinking, problem-solving, data collection and analysis, and report writing.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared for roles such as portfolio manager, investment strategy analyst, director of research, market risk analyst, head of investor relations, senior economist and industrial economist. Graduates can find employment in the financial sector, and with central banks and other monetary financial institutions, as well as in international organisations, academia, research institutions and the wider business sector, especially within multinational enterprises. The programme also offers a solid foundation for pursuing a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Economics
- Time Series Analysis
- International Finance and Economics
- Economics and Finance Dissertation.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- For Mainland China applicants: 30 July
- For international applicants and applicants from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 15 July
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 14 other Masters in Economics in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85 percent or above, depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11781 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17672 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National11781 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17672 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
RMB 120,000 for the entire programme.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.