Conference Interpreting from the Hellenic American College reflects the way conference interpretation is practiced today. It is taught by faculty with extensive experience as professional interpreters in national and international organizations.
Program strengths include the following:
- Practice on a wide range of material such as speeches, presentations and webinars on a rich variety of topics, including EU, international politics, business, law, and medicine.
- Over 300 hours of interpreting practice.
- Direct links with the interpreting industry through participation in conferences, congresses and seminars as auditors as well as practitioners.
- Faculty mentoring and personal support for your academic and professional development.
- Career counseling and networking opportunities through the Career Development Office during and after your studies.
The program’s structure and content are fully-tailored to meet the needs of aspiring interpreters who wish to pursue a career as permanent staff or freelance interpreters in national and European institutions and public services. Also, as graduate of the MACI program you can pursue a career in Interpreting and Conference Organization agencies as well as in media institutions.
- Interpretation Theory
- Interpretation Practice
- Consecutive Interpretation
- Summarizing for Interpretation
- Oral Speech
- Simultaneous Interpretation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguages Media Studies & Mass Media View 3 other Masters in Languages in Greece
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution in which the second foreign language is the language of instruction
- Equivalent certificate of proficiency for the second foreign language (if involved)
- Equivalent certificate of proficiency for the Greek language (for non-Greek citizens)
- Other evidence of proficiency will be reviewed individually
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.