Each student will develop a practice-led investigation within this broader context, actively constructing a bespoke body of design knowledge which combines theory, practice, research, entrepreneurship and innovation from a wide range of creative activities.
They will be taught to question and expand their creative thinking and generic design process by developing their analytical skills; engaging in critical dialogues; work independently, collaboratively and interdisciplinary; experimenting in a range of directions before delivering professional and innovative outcomes to defined audiences with confidence. All creative activities are supported by strategic thinking, robust methodologies and informed by practice-led research.
This Graphic Design and Art Direction programme from Manchester Metropolitan University aims to develop a deeper understanding and fuel a personal obsession with the visual communication of ideas, continually asking: What is possible within the visual realm of text and image?
We cultivate highly motivated, independent and creative thinkers who can transfer their skills into the creative marketplace, as entrepreneurial innovators, freelance practitioners and innovative team players. Past graduates predominantly achieve graduate-level positions or practise as sole traders, design studio artists, exhibiting artists, museum curators, archivists, researchers, academics, community practitioners, specialist technicians and filmmakers at national and international levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Synthesis Project: Graphic Design & Art Direction
- Message / Audience / Context
- Design Practice : Graphic Behaviours
- Design Thinking
- Design Futures
- Culture and Context
- Colour, Material & Finish
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- MFA - 300 credits
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 501 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- A minimum of 2:2 Honours degree is required. Equivalent EU/international qualifications are also accepted. Applicants who do not meet these criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Other professional qualifications or degree disciplines will be considered on merit and/or with relevant professional experience.
- We require the submission of a digital portfolio to evidence design practice and research, and may request an interview as part of the application process.
International17500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK and Channel Island Students: £1542 per 30 credits studied per year
- EU and NON-EU International Students: £2917 per 30 credits studied per year
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.