You are exposed to a range of tools for understanding how knowledge, institutions, social relations and power affect these issues. This allows you to develop a deep understanding of the relationship between environment, development and political policy.
Environment, Development and Policy degree offered at University of Sussex graduates go on to work in national and international development agencies within and beyond government, as well as in NGOs and community organisations.
Recent graduates have gone on to work at:
- the UNDP
- the Centre for Science and the Environment, India
- Ministry of the Environment, Japan
- International Organization for Migration
- a range of NGOs in Brazil, Ecuador, Indonesia, Mexico and Vietnam.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Activism for Development and Social Justice
- Anthropologies of Food
- Climate Change and Energy Policy
- Critical Debates in Environment and Development
- Environment, Resources, Security
- Fair Trade, Ethical Business & New Moral Economies
- Knowledge, Power and Resistance
- Livelihoods, Inequalities and Rural Change
- Migration, Inequality and Social Change
- Poverty, Vulnerability and the Global Economy
- Refugees, Displacement and Humanitarian Responses
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesAnthropology Biodiversity & Conservation Sustainable Development View 223 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements
Your qualification should be in either the social or natural sciences; alternatively, you should have relevant professional experience or engagement.
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9,250 per year for full-time students
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.