Candidates develop a range of skills, including independent thinking, project management, data analysis and critical thinking, as well as refined communication skills.
The Master of Business (Research) at Swinburne University of Technology fosters the development of independent research skills, making it ideal preparation for those looking to undertake further research through a PhD program and/or pursue a career in research.
Aims and objectivesAs a student in this program you will develop knowledge of research methodology and techniques appropriate to your field of study, and experience in the application of such methodology by conducting a specified program of research under appropriate supervision. In addition, you will develop skills in analysing literature and engaging in debate in the substantive area of the thesis topic at an advanced level.
As a Master of Business (Research) candidate you will undertake supervised research with the aim of completing a major thesis that demonstrates mastery of inquiry in a field of a discipline or profession.
This program is suited to applicants who:
- Are interested in a career in research
- Have a genuine passion for research of a particular field
- Have a naturally inquiring mind and a desire to know more
- Are interested in undertaking a PhD program in the future
- Wish to gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Want to enhance their research education and/or employment opportunities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Business (Research) degree is generally completed over a period of two years full-time or four years part-time. Candidates carry out a program of research, investigation or development involving the submission of a substantial major thesis of 50,000 – 60,000 words, which is the sole form of assessment for the degree.
- Throughout your candidature you will receive guidance and support from your research supervisors. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of research training sessions on topics such as thesis writing, publishing and presenting.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Intakes Hawthorn (January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December)
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Educational Research International Business View 277 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 046752B
- You must have completed a three-year degree with a minimum average of 65% in the final year units of study. Other relevant experience will also be taken into account in assessing your application.
International32800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32800 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National30550 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30550 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.