The curriculum of the Master's Degree Programme in Banking and International Finance at the University of Jyväskylä contains courses in core themes of economics, finance and also financial accounting, forming a unique mixture of the special skills required to serve in these positions.
Prominent job market positions for the graduates from the BIF program are central bank and other bank economists, analysts, bank managers, and other researcher, specialist and manager positions in the service of research institutions and financial sector in general.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Banking
- Applied Time Series Analysis for Financial Economics
- Investment and Asset Pricing
- International Finance
- Financial and Strategic Analysis
- Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation
- Master's Level Research Tutorial
- Master's Thesis
- Maturity Test
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance International Business View 11 other Masters in Finance in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree, which gives eligibility to Master’s level education in the country in which the degree was issued. Applicants holding a degree, which gives eligibility to Doctoral programmes, should primarily seek admission to Doctoral level.
- Suitable fields of the degree include finance, economics, business, statistics, science and engineering, among others.
- The higher education institution awarding the degree has to be a recognised part of the official national education system of the country, i.e. to be listed as a degree-granting higher education institution by the country where it is located or by a relevant international organisation (such as UNESCO).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Jyväskylä
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
University of Jyväskylä offers scholarships covering tuition fee costs for its most successful international Master’s degree students. You are eligible for a JYU scholarship if you are
- eligible to apply to study in an IMDP offered by JYU
- liable to pay tuition fees: please see our FAQ
Scholarships are granted based on the admission criteria of the programme in question.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.