- Master of Theology at the MF Norwegian School of Theology is a two-year programme that focuses on various theological subjects, and offers a solid understanding of Biblical Studies, Systematic Theology, and Church History.
- In addition to in-depth knowledge in fields relevant for academic theological study and research, the programme also provides insight into the philosophy of science and methodological questions and experience in conducting independent scientific studies.
- A Master of Theology prepares you for further academic research and contribute to your academic and interdisciplinary understanding.
MF Norwegian School of Theology (1908) is an accredited Specialized University focusing on Theology, Religion, and Social Studies, located in Oslo.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The New Testament - Biblical Theology
- Systematic Theology
- Changing Mission - Main Issues in Missiology
- Methodology: Texts and History (Old Testament, New Testament, Church History)
- Methodology: Practical and Systematic Disciplines
- Empirical research methods
- Theology and Church in the South
- Thesis for Master of Theology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 6 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a period of study comparable with a Norwegian Bachelor's degree from a recognized Higher Education institution.
- Applicants who complete a bachelor degree before July 1st can apply, but the application will not be considered before the completed degree is documented with a diploma and transcript of records. All other necessary documentation must be received by the application deadline, including the required English language test results.
- Specific requirements
- The Bachelor degree must be in Theology or Religious Studies, with an average grade equivalent to Norwegian C level (British Second class, upper division).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
No tuition fee.
Application fee: NOK 500 (equals approx. 60 USD)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.