The Urban Planning at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) comprises advanced postgraduate study in urban planning and is firmly underpinned by a wide range of research, some of which is carried out by the course's excellent teaching staff and by faculty scholarships, consultancy and links with practice. Indeed, learning is strongly linked to practice, helping you become an effective, professionally qualified planner.
Careers / Further study
This RTPI-accredited qualification offers postgraduates the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills for a range of fascinating careers, in a field where there is currently a shortage of qualified professionals. Bristol hosts a range of employers, particularly in the consultancy sector.
It is accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Planning for Conservation
- Healthy Cities
- Grassroots Planning
- Urban Design
- Transport Policy and Finance
- Changing Travel Behaviour
- International Planning Study Trip
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 125 other Masters in Urban Planning in United Kingdom
- We normally require an honours degree of 2.2 or above. This course is suitable for graduates of degrees from any academic background, particularly social sciences, geography and planning.
- We can consider applicants who do not meet the normal entry requirements, but who do have relevant professional experience or qualifications. In your application, you should describe your professional experience and qualifications in detail.
International1146 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1146 GBP per module during 12 months.
National667 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 667 GBP per module during 12 months.
- Module Fee (15 Credit)
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.