The tools to take you to the next stage
Upon graduation, you will be able to critically evaluate developments and new applications of information and communication technology systems, and relate them to the roles and uses of IT in different business settings. You will also have an enhanced understanding of system problems and how to choose the right methods and approaches to develop systems.
From engaging in primary research for the dissertation and studying relevant literature, you will learn to recognise what constitutes suitable research questions or hypotheses and the appropriate perspectives for analysis.
Careers / Further study
University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) has ensured that graduates of this Information Technology course are equipped for the demands of the real world and are highly regarded by potential employers.
There is a growing need for creative IT graduates who can work with an ever-widening range of technologies and can meet organisational needs in business, education and health. This newly designed course tackles the challenges of technology in modern business and society, head on.
Our award-winning careers service helps you develop your employment potential through career coaching, a vacancy service for internships, placements, jobs, global opportunities, volunteering and community activity plus support for entrepreneurial activity, and access to employer events.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategy and Governance in IT
- Project Management
- Information Security
- Digital Design and Development
- Group Software Development Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Informatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 785 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- We normally require an honours degree of 2.2 or above.
- You need to have some knowledge of computing, either from your first degree or work / voluntary experience, which you should outline in your application.
- We can consider applicants who do not meet the normal entry requirement, but who do have relevant professional experience or qualifications. In your application, you should describe in detail your professional experience and qualifications.
International1146 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1146 GBP per module during 12 months.
National667 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 667 GBP per module during 12 months.
- Module Fee (15 Credit)
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.