Imaginative and expertly-designed human resource management (HRM) is seen by today's leaders as central to an organisation's success. HR practitioners are an integral part of that success, and as recognition of the distinctive contribution of human resource management grows, it is increasingly valued, both as a career in its own right and as a foundation for careers in other branches of management.
Careers / Further study
The Human Resource Management Masters from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) equips you with the professional knowledge and skills you will need to make an immediate contribution in an HR role, or (if you are already employed within the field) to take your career to a more senior level.
Recent employers include Avon & Somerset Constabulary, British American Tobacco, Barclays Bank, Colgate Palmolive, Deloitte, KPMG, L'Oréal (Paris), the National Health Service, Nestlé, and Towers Watson plc.
We prepare you for advancing in your career in a number of ways, including:
- a six or ten-week placement in a local organisation (on the full-time route)
- practical workshops, to coach you in selection, interviewing, discipline, training and negotiating skills
- guest speaker events and visits to local organisations where you can learn about current practice in different organisations
- access to our award-winning careers advisory service.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Managing People in Organisations
- Human Resource Management in a Strategic Context
- Human Resource Management
- Applied Human Resource Management and Business Skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The deadline for applying for this course is three weeks before the start date.
- Postgraduate Certificate - 60 credits
- Postgraduate Diploma - 120 credits
- MSc - 180 credits
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management View 256 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
- an honours degree (minimum 2:2) in any subject
- to be able to demonstrate a keen and informed interest in HRM.
If you do not have a first degree, you may still be able to take the course but you will need to complete a written assessment exercise.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.