Our students have excellent access to top academics in specialist fields, including one to one supervision sessions.
Within the department we have experts in topics including economic and social history, political history and religious and cultural history, which link to our six dedicated research centres. There are distinct opportunities on this course, including a supervised independent study module to enable you to follow your own interests.
The pathways of the History course at The University of Exeter are:
- Early Modern Studies
- Medieval History
- Medical History
- Maritime Historical Studies
- Imperial and Global History
- Violence and Conflict
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Historical Research Skills
- Critical Approaches to Early Modern History
- Critical Approaches to Maritime and Naval History
- Critical Approaches to Imperial and Global History
- Interpreting the Middle Ages
- Contested Pasts: History in the Public Sphere
- Critical Approaches in Medieval Research
- Medicine Beyond Borders: History and Politics of International Health
- Wealth and Work in Early Modern Britain
- Gender, Society and Culture in Early Modern Europe
- The Cold War: A Global History
- Soldiers in the Twentieth Century: A Global History
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesHistory View 487 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally a minimum 2:1 Honours degree in a History-related discipline, with a minimum 2:1 grade in the undergraduate dissertation. Exceptions may be made for students with relevant experience or qualifications depending on the submission of written work and/or interview.
- Students with Combined Honours degrees must have studied at least 1/3 of their degree in History-related modules or have some cognate experience in Economic and Social History, Medieval Studies, Classics and Ancient History, Latin, English, Sociology, Politics, International Relations, Economics, Human Geography or related subjects.
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU: £4,375 part-time;
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.