The Environmental Physics programme offered by the University of Bremen will provide you with the physical, mathematical and chemical principles, which are used in the modern research undertaken by the participating research institutes IUP (Institute of Environmental Physics at the University of Bremen) and AWI (Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research in Bremerhaven). It is intended to develop skills and problem-solving capability for subsequent use in experimental design and project development of relevance for subsequent research and employment.
Graduates of our Master Programme qualify for …
- admission to doctoral studies at the IUP, AWI or any other institution elsewhere
- conducting research at universities, research centres or authorities
- worldwide employment opportunities in agencies/companies dealing with climate, weather or energy related topics (remote sensing and Earth observation in particular)
- working in the energy sector or in the aviation and space industry (remote sensing in particular)
- working in relevant government departments, governmental or non-governmental organizations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fire Drill
- Mathematics + Chemistry
- Seminar on Atmospheric Chemistry Modelling
- Climate Sciences Seminar
- Chemistry and Dynamics of the Ozone Layer
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Summer start is for advanced students only.
DisciplinesPhysics Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Sciences View 10 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a first B.Sc./ university degree (3 to 4 year course) in physics or mathematics or another appropriately related field of studies which includes a substantial portion of advanced physics and mathematics (in these cases a GRE subject test might be required by the admission board)
- a Letter of Motivation (max. 1 page) explaining why you have chosen our study programme
- two Reference Letters (with letterhead + original signature) issued within the past two years.
- in addition, we ask for your curriculum vitae (CV in tabular form) and your school leaving certificate.
- transcripts of all your prior academic degrees
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
In Bremen, there are no tuition fees. But you do have to pay a semester contribution: 386,39 euro.
Living costs for Bremen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.