Our courses receive strong support from the global aerospace industry, both the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) such as Airbus, BA systems, Safran and Rolls-Royce, as well as their tiers of supplier. There is a strong emphasis on applying knowledge in the industrial environment and all teaching is in the context of industrial application.
This qualification takes you on to senior engineering positions in the aerospace industry with a focus on exploiting next generation materials. Many graduates find employment with one of their project sponsors.
The MSc in Aerospace Materials is accredited by the Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining (IOM3) on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Materials Engineering
- Aerospace Materials Properties and Processing
- Composites Manufacturing for High Performance Structures
- Functional Materials
- Failure of Materials and Structures
- Finite Element Analysis
- Materials Selection
- Surface Science and Engineering
- Design Durability and Integrity of Composite Aircraft Structures
There is a need for engineering graduates with specialist skills to develop new materials for next generation aircraft and the future aerospace industry. During this course you will cover the improvement and development of materials for aviation applications, including materials for airframe, aeroengine and the increased use of smart and functional materials.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Aerospace Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 130 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or second class UK Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.
- Applicants who do not fulfil the standard entry requirements can apply for the Pre-Masters programme, successful completion of which will qualify them for entry to this course for a second year of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
PgDip Full-time: £8,000
PgCert Full-time: £4,600
- PgDip Full-time: £17,400
- PgCert Full-time: £8,700
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The Hingston Scholarship
- Global Manufacturing Leadership Masters Scholarship
- GREAT China Scholarship
- Masters Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.