Timber and other wood products are manufactured around Australia from renewable native and plantation forest resources. They are also major materials used in the construction of buildings and other structures throughout the landscape.
While a traditional choice in many applications, timber and wood products are increasingly highly engineered products whose effective use requires advanced capabilities in manufacture, design and construction. Renewable and a store for carbon, these products can also be the basis of sustainable building solutions.
The Graduate Certificate in Timber (Processing and Building) at University of Tasmania will provide participants with the understanding and skills necessary to process, use and maintain the material efficiently and economically.
The Graduate Certificate in Timber (Processing & Building) aims to develop advanced understanding and skill in the:
- role of timber and wood products as renewable resource for society;
With recent consolidation in Australia's wood production industry, there is considerable industry and employer demand for people skilled in the production of wood products. Also, with increased interest in sustainable construction, opportunities exist for specialists in the design, construction, maintenance and management of timber-rich buildings and structures.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Timber, Its Origin and Characteristics
- Timber in Building Construction
- Timber and Durability in Exposed Applications
- Board Processing: Hardwood and Softwood
- Engineered Wood Products
- Finance for Decision-Making
- Services Marketing
- Learning by Making
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend that students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Forestry View 18 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree in Building, Architecture, Engineering, Forestry or related discipline or a degree in any discipline and relevant industry experience.
- Applicants without a Bachelor's degree but with a combination of tertiary qualifications and relevant industry experience may be considered for equivalency and entry under the Faculty's policy for the admission of non-graduates to postgraduate coursework programs.
- CRICOS Provider Code 00586B
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13725 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13725 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Domestic students enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place will be charged a fee based on the number of units they enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.