The Biochemistry and Molecular Biology programme at the University of Bremen offers an thorough education in biochemistry and molecular biology, which will expand your previous knowledge in chemistry or biology (or other related studies which you have finished with a B.Sc.).
The education is organized in modules A - G which contain mandatory modules, a supplementary module of your choice, laboratory rotations, a project proposal and a Master Thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lab Safety and Fire Prevention Workshop
- Current topics in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Basics in Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology
- Methods in Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology
- Bioorganic Chemistry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor (B.Sc.) degree qualifying for a profession in biochemistry, biology, chemistry or a closely related discipline such as biotechnology, pharmacy or medical studies, with achievements to at least 180 credit points.
- At least 60 credit points in one or several of the sciences of previous study such as: biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, cell biology, genetics, microbiology, mathematics, plant physiology or physics.
- Fluency in English according to level C1 of the CEFR
- Passing a written aptitude test under supervision on the basics of biochemistry and molecular cell biology.
- Letter of motivation explaining why you chose this program and what your research interests are.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
In Bremen, there are no tuition fees. But you do have to pay a semester contribution: 386,39 euro.
Living costs for Bremen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.