UQ is one of only a handful of universities worldwide offering a Master of International Economics and Finance. With courses taught by leading academics specialising in the trade and finance sectors, the program will provide you with advanced knowledge of the extensive implications and opportunities arising from the process of international economic and financial integration.
Designed for students from any academic discipline, the International Economics and Finance program offered at the University of Queensland is founded upon a platform of microeconomics, macroeconomics and statistics, and extends to teaching you how economic principles may be applied to issues in the international economy, with electives that enable you to focus on your specific needs and interests.
- Learn why success in today’s business economy depends on your ability to understand and respond to ever-changing international economic forces.
- Develop specialised knowledge of the extensive implications and opportunities arising from the process of greater economic and financial integration around the world.
- Use your skills to progress into roles across the public and private sectors in Australia and overseas, or go further and pursue a higher degree by research.
- UQ School of Economics is consistently ranked in the top 5 percent of research-intensive economic departments in the world. Source: Research Papers in Economics
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Market risk analyst
- Compliance officer
- Quantitative analyst
- The Macroeconomy
- Consumer and Firm Behaviour
- Mathematical Techniques for Economics
- Economics of Financial Markets
- Statistics for Business & Economics
- Elements of Econometrics
- International Monetary Economics
- International Trade & Investment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Finance View 127 other Masters in Economics in Australia
CRICOS code: 082601G
- A bachelor degree (or equivalent) with a GPA of 4.5, approved by the Executive Dean; or
- A Graduate Certificate in Economics Studies or Graduate Diploma in Economics from UQ (or equivalent) with a GPA of 4.5.
International44144 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44144 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.