The online MSc Psychology (Online) conversion programme at University of Derby is designed for those who wish to specialise in psychology, giving you the opportunity to learn the distinctive range, depth and integration of skills, knowledge and applications of psychology. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the core areas of psychology required by the BPS including biological, cognitive, developmental, individual differences, and social psychology and the links between them.
This course alone will not allow you to practice but provides an opportunity for a non-psychology graduate, or a graduate from a non-BPS accredited course, to meet one of the entry requirements for a postgraduate programme of professional training in Health, Sport, Clinical, Counselling, Occupational, Educational or Forensic Psychology by achieving Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC).
You may also be looking to study this course as part of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) or to enhance your career employability and general knowledge.
Obtaining GBC keeps open the widest range of training, development and employment opportunities in psychology. Completion of an accredited programme, moreover, offers graduates a clear route to Society membership, and therefore access to the full range of membership benefits, including services, publications, conferences, training and networking opportunities.
During this course you'll study all the core areas of psychology to gain a deep understanding of the subject.
From here you can then choose which area you would like to specialise in and continue to further training. For example, you may want to consider our MSc Health Psychology online, which will introduce you to a range of health psychology professional competencies. Other areas of psychology you can consider are sports, clinical, educational, forensics and occupational.
Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological and Cognitive Approaches in Psychology
- Individual Differences
- Investigation and Analysis
- Masters Research Project
- Social and Developmental Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 127 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You will usually need one of the following:
- An undergraduate degree with Honours (in any subject) from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification – at least a 2:2.
- A Masters degree from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification.
- A psychology degree which hasn’t given you Graduate Basis for Chartership – at least a 2.2.
- An undergraduate degree from an overseas institution that is equivalent to the above UK qualifications. It is also important that you have a good standard of written and spoken English.
- GCSE/GCE O Level Maths: Grade C
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4747 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9495 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA4747 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9495 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.