If you want to be a social worker, then this is the programme for you.
The Master of Applied Social Work (MApplSW) from Massey University will prepare you for practice and registration as a social worker in New Zealand and most other countries.
The course conforms to national and international guidelines by including two different supervised field experiences. This 240-credit master's programme is designed for students who have a bachelor's degree in a field other than social work but wish to change careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- To plan your study and see what courses are necessary to complete your degree please use the regulations button.
- While the structure of the programme is set, there is scope within the courses to choose your particular emphasis from within the fields of social or community work practice.
- The programme is designed to meet the requirements for registration as a Social Worker in New Zealand, and the degree is recognised internationally.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work View 12 other Masters in Social Work in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Provide a curriculum vitae which includes your academic and work history
- Provide a personal statement explaining why you wish to enter the social work programme and profession
- Provide details of two character referees - these must not be family or friends
- Provide details of any convictions or charges pending in New Zealand and/or overseas
- Complete the Vetting Service Request and Consent Form for a New Zealand Police check
International19445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19445 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4269 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4269 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic students: 6609 NZD
- International students: 30100 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.